When you hear the words "spinal cord injury," thinking of the recovery process can be understandably overwhelming. With the possibility of paralysis and other serious limitations, we recognize the severity of the situation and make sure to provide you with the highest level of care and attention. We have the most advanced healing methods and promote recovery and lifelong wellness.
Our resources include a state-of-the-art therapy gym, world-class Aquatic Center, electrical stimulation treatments, as well as seating and positioning experts and an Assistive Technology Team. From inpatient and outpatient care, to home, wellness and lifelong follow-up care, we offer everything you need. Through the team approach at Immanuel Rehabilitation Institute, persons with spinal cord injuries participate in a comprehensive treatment program emphasizing independence and education.
Program Goals include:
- Assist with the re-establishment of independence
- Promote physical and psychological well-being
- Provide interactive education that addresses life-long needs
- Minimize risk factors for medical complications through the promotion of healthy lifestyles
- Provide information about community resources
- Provide information about health education
- Meet adaptive equipment needs for mobility and comfort
Spinal Cord Injury Services Include: