If you have a Cardiac or Pulmonary condition call us at (402) 219-8717. Our staff will review your situation with you and evaluate your eligibility for a rehab program.
Our comprehensive St. Elizabeth programs provide a number of benefits for heart and lung patients. We accomplish this through: education, exercise, and support.
Here are some of the benefits you might expect from our programs:
- Become physically stronger
- Quit smoking
- Weight loss
- Recognize and deal with stress
- Better understand your disease and treatment
- Cope with feelings and emotions
- Improve your breathing techniques
- Understand the medications you are taking
- Reduce your risk for further health problems
We are proud that our program has been approved by Cardiac and Pulmonary physicians from the Lincoln Community.
Our intensive cardiac rehabilitation program is different from traditional cardiac rehab because it is Medicare-approved as demonstrating a reduction/slowing of heart disease. No other program in Nebraska currently meets this standard.
Our team is comprised of:
- Registered Nurses specially trained in Cardiopulmonary Care
- Registered Respiratory Therapists
- Exercise physiologists
- Registered Pharmacists
- Registered Dietitians
- Occupational Therapists
- Physical Therapist
- And most importantly, YOU!
Having a heart event can be a challenging and emotional experience. CHI Health St. Elizabeth and the Pritikin Program are ready to help you.;
The Pritikin Program is lifestyle approach to reducing risk factors associated with chronic diseases. It’s been taught to 100,000+ people for over 35 years and has been the subject of over 100 peer-reviewed scientific studies.
Through the Pritikin Program at CHI Health St. Elizabeth, you’ll experience:
- Medically-supervised exercise
- Healthy cooking classes
- Nutrition workshops
- Healthy mindset workshops
Participating in this intensive cardiac program can help you increase energy and endurance, decrease body fat, lower cholesterol, lower blood pressure and improve blood sugar.
Our Cardiac Rehab services are designed to assist people with the following diagnoses or following these procedures:
- Stent insertion (Coronary Artery)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Heart Attack
- Heart Bypass
- Valve Surgery
Our Pulmonary Rehab services are designed to assist people with the following diagnoses:
- Chronic Obstructive Lung disease [COPD]
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Lung Transplant