Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehabilitation
Rehabilitation is an important part of your recovery! Research supports that cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation improves the outcomes for patients with either cardiac or pulmonary disorders.
If you have a Cardiac or Pulmonary condition call us at (402) 219-8717. Our staff will review with you, your situation and evaluate your eligibility for a rehab program.
Our comprehensive St. Elizabeth programs provide a number of benefits for heart and lung patients. We accomplish this through: education, exercise, and support.
Here are some of the benefits you might expect from our programs:
- Become physically stronger
- Quit smoking
- Weight loss
- Recognize and deal with stress
- Better understand your disease and treatment
- Cope with feelings and emotions
- Improve your breathing techniques
- Understand the medications you are taking
- Reduce your risk for further health problems
We are proud that our program has been approved by Cardiac and Pulmonary physicians from the Lincoln Community. We are also a nationally certified program through the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation---all to assure that you will receive excellent care!
Our team is comprised of:
- Registered Nurses specially trained in Cardiopulmonary Care
- Registered Respiratory Therapists
- Exercise physiologists
- Registered Pharmacists
- Registered Dietitians
- Occupational Therapists
- Physical Therapist
- And most importantly, YOU!
Our Cardiac Rehab services are designed to assist people with the following diagnoses or following these procedures:
- Stent insertion (Coronary Artery)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Heart Attack
- Heart Bypass
- Valve Surgery
Information on Pulmonary Rehab
Our Pulmonary Rehab services are designed to assist people with the following diagnoses:
- Chronic Obstructive Lung disease [COPD]
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Lung Transplant
Click here for more information if you are interested in a student Internship at the St. Elizabeth Cardiac-Pulmonary Rehabilitation Center.