Rehabilitation is an important part of your recovery! Research supports that cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation improves the outcomes for patients with either cardiac or pulmonary disorders.
If you have a Cardiac or Pulmonary condition call us at (402) 219-8717. Our staff will review with you, your situation and evaluate your eligibility for a rehab program.
Our comprehensive St. Elizabeth programs provide a number of benefits for heart and lung patients. We accomplish this through: education, exercise, and support.
Here are some of the benefits you might expect from our programs:
- Become physically stronger
- Quit smoking
- Weight loss
- Recognize and deal with stress
- Better understand your disease and treatment
- Cope with feelings and emotions
- Improve your breathing techniques
- Understand the medications you are taking
- Reduce your risk for further health problems
We are proud that our program has been approved by Cardiac and Pulmonary physicians from the Lincoln Community. We are also a nationally certified program through the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation---all to assure that you will receive excellent care!
Our team is comprised of:
- Registered Nurses specially trained in Cardiopulmonary Care
- Registered Respiratory Therapists
- Exercise physiologists
- Registered Pharmacists
- Registered Dietitians
- Occupational Therapists
- Physical Therapist
- And most importantly, YOU!
Our Cardiac Rehab services are designed to assist people with the following diagnoses or following these procedures:
- Stent insertion (Coronary Artery)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Heart Attack
- Heart Bypass
- Valve Surgery
Information on Pulmonary Rehab
Our Pulmonary Rehab services are designed to assist people with the following diagnoses:
- Chronic Obstructive Lung disease [COPD]
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Lung Transplant
Click here for more information if you are interested in a student Internship at the St. Elizabeth Cardiac-Pulmonary Rehabilitation Center.