CHI Health Clinic Direct Primary Care (DPC) is a membership-based model of care which removes some of the barriers that can come between you, your physician and the health care decisions you make together. You’ll notice two key differences:
- CARE – Enhanced access to your very own CHI Health Clinic doctor, nurse practitioner and dedicated medical team with same and next-day appointments plus extended visits. Improved access can mean earlier detection of conditions and behavior risks that impact your overall health.
- COST – Direct primary care is not an insurance plan. We offer a membership-based model featuring a fixed monthly cost and no co-pay, deductible or co-insurance for primary care services, which makes your monthly costs predictable. You will still require insurance for Emergency Department, specialist or hospital visits, if needed.
Your Direct Primary Care flat monthly membership fee covers:
- Basic screenings (vision, hearing, biometrics, blood pressure)*
- Comprehensive physical exams and sick care
- Primary care management of chronic conditions (diabetes, arthritis, asthma, etc.)
- Procedures including basic lab, x-ray and fracture care
- Fitness and nutrition counseling
- Hospitalist and specialist care coordination
- Virtual care 24/7 access via phone or Internet for common conditions (cold, urinary tract infections, pink eye and rashes)
- Several no-cost or low-cost generic medications available through our CHI Health retail pharmacies
CHI Health Direct Primary Care is a trusted health care partner – providing you with enhanced access to your care team and, we believe, an improved health care experience.
You will still need insurance for the Emergency Department, specialist or hospital – that’s really when you need it. With Direct Primary Care, you have your very own CHI Health Clinic doctor, nurse practitioner and focused medical team to help you manage and navigate all of your primary health care needs.
*Some exclusions may apply. For example, some immunizations are not included in the monthly Direct Primary Care fee.
New DPC Provider Coming to Elkhorn in January!
Dr. Bowen will be joining our Elkhorn clinic in January of 2023. CHI Employees will be able to sign up with Dr. Bowen during open enrollment and all other independent patients will be able to sign up on our DPC platform as of January 1, 2023. If you want more information regarding DPC you can either e-mail email@example.com or call our DPC program specialist at (717) 242-2480. Learn more about Dr. Bowen.