CHI Health Missouri Valley
Serving Harrison County, Iowa
For more than 50 years, the mission of CHI Health Missouri Valley has been to nurture and enhance the quality of life for residents of Harrison County. As a community hospital, its ongoing commitment is to keep residents in good health. Through the years, CHI Health Missouri Valley has strived to improve the health status of southwest Iowa residents – children, teens, adults, senior citizens, friends and neighbors. CHI Health Missouri Valley is proud to offer healthcare services – close to home – within this community.
The physicians, nurses and other associates at this community-based hospital are committed to delivering personalized, compassionate care for each individual. Such care takes many forms - technologically advanced medical services, quality health education, health screenings, and more. Beyond the hospital walls, CHI Health Missouri Valley works closely with businesses, community groups, churches, schools, social service agencies and others to build a healthier community.
We provide the following services:
- **25 Acute Inpatient Beds ** - Acute Inpatient Beds are also certified as Skilled Swing Beds allowed under Critical Access Hospital rules
24-hour emergency care with heliport accommodations
- Diagnostic imaging services: MRI, CT scans, Dexa bone density scans, Nuclear Medicine, general radiology, mammography, surgical radiography and ultrasound
- Diagnostic and evaluative laboratory services
- Cardiovascular services including non-invasive diagnostics studies such as EKG, telemetry monitoring, treadmill stress testing, ECHO cardiogram, and stress ECHO cardiogram
- Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Inpatient and outpatient physical therapy for orthopaedic, burn, occupational health, stroke and sports injuries
- Inpatient and outpatient Occupational Therapy
- Inpatient and outpatient Speech Therapy
- Mental/Behavioral Care and Geriatric services
- Nutritional services
- Outpatient surgery
- Outpatient clinics
- Social services
- Educational programs and instruction for patients, staff and the community.
The Iowa Hospital Association provides a website, Iowa Hospital Facts, that allows the public to review hospital quality and charge data.
SHIIP (Senior Health Insurance Information Program)
Evonne Sherer is a volunteer for SHIIP and can be reached at (712) 642-9240 (please leave a message with your name and phone number and she will call you back)
If you are new to Medicare and have questions, you can give Evonne a call and she will help answer any questions you may have.
Part D Medicare Open Enrollment is from October 15 – December 7
CHI Health Clinic
CHI Health Clinic is a network of highly skilled primary and specialty care physicians. Clinics are conveniently located and supported by physician assistants and/or nurse practitioners who have the expertise to prevent, diagnose and treat a wide variety of conditions. Patients of all ages may see a CHI Health Clinic physician for services including preventive care; health screening x-ray, laboratory and other diagnostic services; and minor surgical procedures.
We are in the Top 100 Nationwide!
The Chartis Center for Rural Health has unveiled its 2019 Top 100 Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs). Regarded as one of the industry’s most significant designations of performance excellence, the Chartis Top 100 Critical Access Hospitals is based upon the results of the Hospital Strength INDEX from iVantage Health Analytics.
CAHs are typically small facilities that serve large rural areas, often one or more counties. Iowa has 82 CAHs; only Kansas has more (83). There are 1349 CAHs in the United States, we are humbled to be among the top 100...and honored that we have the staff who provide the quality care and service excellence for our patients to achieve this recognition.
- AIC (chemotherapy and antibiotic, iron or any other infusion or injection)
- Behavioral Health
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Cancer Care
- Ear, Nose, Throat
- General Surgery
- Heart Care
- Pain management
- Rehabilitation Care
- Sleep Lab