Students and Graduates
Summer Student Nurse Internship Program
To provide an opportunity to expose soon-to-be RN’s, who will be entering their senior year of their nursing program, to experience the day to day life of a RN. The internship will allow hands-on experiences and expand his/her theoretical knowledge and clinical skills under the guidance of a nurse preceptor. The program will provide the student with an inside look at CHI Health and the extensive opportunities we have for employment.
- Dates: June 4, 2018 through July 28, 2018 for Omaha/Lincoln locations. May 7, 2018 through June 30, 2018 for Kearney/Grand Island locations
- The eight (8) week program will include an orientation followed by 7.5 weeks of clinical experience.
- Interns will receive college credit from a pass/fail course at a cost of only $280 to the student with the remaining amount paid by CHI Health
- As an employee of CHI Health, interns will be paid a competitive salary.
- After the program completion, interns transition to a PRN Student Nurse Tech position within the organization.
- Students who will be entering their senior year Fall 2018
- Only Non-CHI Health employees or current CHI Health junior level nurse technicians are eligible
- Current BLS card (copy must be provided)
- Prefer state registry as nurse aide (CNA)
- Two letters of recommendation from nursing school faculty
- Able to coordinate work schedule with assigned preceptor
The application period is now closed. Check back for next year's applications!