Our brand new surgery suites at CHI Health St. Francis have it all, including:
- Seven operating rooms with the most advanced technology in town.
- State-of-the-art imaging allows for patient’s scans to be on large screens above the operating table, so the surgeon never has to leave the surgical field
- One surgical suite includes a surgical robot, which has many benefits: shorter hospital stay, less pain after surgery, lower risk of infection, less blood loss and fewer transfusions, less scarring & improved cosmetic healing, faster recovery and return to normal daily activities, and in many cases, better clinical outcomes. Learn more about the benefits of robotic surgery.
- Convenient, separate entrance on the west side of the hospital with parking right in front (entrance D)
- Private pre-and post-recovery rooms with plenty of room for family
- Two brand new endoscopy rooms and a sterile processing department
- Expert surgical team with decades of experience
- Comfortable environment and friendly staff
St. Francis is equipped with state-of-the-art operating rooms, and the surgeons on staff continue to expand the procedures available across many specialties including orthopedics, neurosurgery, urology, and bariatric and reconstructive surgery. Our surgical specialties include:
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery – minimally invasive techniques are available that can often reduce scarring, pain, and recovery time for many procedures.
- Bariatric Surgery – gastric bypass and gastric banding are available.
- Breast Cancer Surgery – a range of procedures are available including breast reconstruction, mastectomy, and lumpectomy.
- Colorectal Surgery – traditional, minimally invasive, and non-surgical treatment for colorectal cancer and diseases of the rectum, anus, and small bowel..
- Cosmetic Surgery – breast augmentation, breast reduction, tummy tucks (abdominoplasty), and arm lift (brachioplasty) procedures.
- Ear Nose and Throat – removal of tonsils and adenoids, ear tubes for persistent ear pain or infections, endoscopic nasal and sinus surgery with navigation as well as balloon sinuplasty. We also offer surgical treatment for most types of head and neck cancer and thyroid surgery.
- Gastroenterology - procedures for conditions affecting the digestive system, including surgical treatment for acid reflux, gallstones, and inflammatory bowel disease.
- General Surgery – gallbladder removal, hernia repair, Esophageal ablation for Barrett’s Esophagus is also performed, offering early treatment for pre-cancerous cells.
- Gynecological Surgery – treatments for ovarian, uterine, and cervical cancer as well as laparoscopic and traditional hysterectomy and treatments for incontinence and endometriosis.
- Neurosurgery – surgical treatment for brain and neck tumors, pituitary tumors, and carotid and vertebral artery disease as well as interventions for brain trauma and hemorrhage or stroke.
- Orthopedic Surgery – hip and knee replacement surgery as well as shoulder arthroscopy, spine procedures, hip fracture repair, specialized hand treatment, carpal tunnel surgery, and foot and ankle procedures.
- Spine Care – advanced treatments for spinal conditions. Pain management physicians and interventional radiologists can also perform treatments for painful spine disorders.
- Urologic Surgery – effective methods to treat prostate, bladder, and pelvic disorders as well as lithotripsy (kidney stone removal) and surgical removal of the kidney or bladder for tumors.
- Vascular Surgery – carotid artery repair, placement of vascular access catheters, and arteriovenous fistula formation for dialysis access.