The skilled surgeons at CHI Health St. Francis provide the experience and expertise you need, right here at home.
St. Francis is equipped with state-of-the-art operating rooms, and the surgeons on staff continue to expand the procedures available across many specialties including orthopedics, neurosurgery, urology, and bariatric and reconstructive surgery. Our surgical specialties include:
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery – minimally invasive techniques are available that can often reduce scarring, pain, and recovery time for many procedures.
- Bariatric Surgery – minimally invasive gastric bypass (Roux-en-Y) and gastric banding are available.
- Breast Cancer Surgery – a range of procedures are available including breast reconstruction, mastectomy, and lumpectomy.
- Colorectal Surgery – traditional, minimally invasive, and non-surgical treatment for colorectal cancer and diseases of the rectum, anus, and small bowel..
- Cosmetic Surgery – breast augmentation, breast reduction, tummy tucks (abdominoplasty), and arm lift (brachioplasty) procedures.
- Ear Nose and Throat – removal of tonsils and adenoids, ear tubes for persistent ear pain or infections, endoscopic nasal and sinus surgery as well as balloon sinuplasty. They also offer surgical treatment for most types of head and neck cancer and thyroid surgery.
- Gastroenterology - procedures for conditions affecting the digestive system, including surgical treatment for acid reflux, gallstones, and inflammatory bowel disease.
- General Surgery – gallbladder removal, hernia repair, Esophageal ablation for Barrett’s Esophagus is also performed, offering early treatment for pre-cancerous cells.
- Gynecological Surgery – treatments for ovarian, uterine, and cervical cancer as well as laparoscopic and traditional hysterectomy and treatments for incontinence and endometriosis.
- Neurosurgery – surgical treatment for brain and neck tumors, pituitary tumors, and carotid and vertebral artery disease as well as interventions for brain trauma and hemorrhage or stroke.
- Orthopedic Surgery – hip and knee replacement surgery as well as shoulder arthroscopy, spine procedures, hip fracture repair, specialized hand treatment, carpal tunnel surgery, and foot and ankle procedures.
- Spine Care – advanced treatments for spinal conditions. Pain management physicians and interventional radiologists can also perform treatments for painful spine disorders.
- Urologic Surgery – effective methods to treat prostate, bladder, and pelvic disorders as well as lithotripsy (kidney stone removal) and surgical removal of the kidney or bladder for tumors.
- Vascular Surgery – carotid artery repair, placement of vascular access catheters, and arteriovenous fistula formation for dialysis access.