An accident happens in seconds, but the effects can be devastating. Critical and life-threatening injuries receive expert care at CHI Health St. Elizabeth, where we meet rigorous qualifications as a state-designated Trauma Center. CHI Health St. Elizabeth received the General Level Trauma designation through the Nebraska Statewide System of Care.
We are equipped to treat major traumas, such as serious burns, falls, assaults and car crashes, and our experienced team handles the most difficult cases, including those that need emergency surgery.
It’s trauma care you can count on, and kindness when it matters most.
Advanced care includes:
- 24-hour care with Emergency Medicine physicians and trauma-trained nursing staff
- Trauma Care specialists, including:
- Trauma Surgeons
- Orthopedic Surgeons
- Brain and Spine Surgeons
- Burn Trauma Surgeons
- Interventional Radiologists
- Supporting services available 24/7: anesthesiology, lab, pharmacy and radiology
- A comprehensive, quality trauma program that helps patient from injury through rehabilitation, including services such as critical care, pastoral care, financial services and discharge planning/social work
- Coordination with EMS systems
- Community outreach that includes injury prevention education and legislative advocacy
More about emergency care at CHI Health St. Elizabeth
- The region’s only dedicated burn trauma unit and a nationally verified burn center.
- Pediatric Place is an 8-bed emergency care unit designed just for kids. Staff specialize in pediatric and emergency medicine, offering inpatient and outpatient care.
- Awarded the highest level of recognition for stroke care - Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Award from the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association. The award demonstrates our ability to be ready at any time to treat stroke patients as quickly as possible.