NICU Support Group
Supporting NICU Parents
Parents Reaching Out is a support group for parents of babies who have been in the St. Elizabeth NICU. Established in 2004 by parents who felt a need and desire to help other families through the NICU experience, the group provides support, encouragement, and information to parents.
What they do:
- Connect parents with resources and information
- Create door signs on infant doors to mark important milestones
- Celebrate holidays with events such as an Easter egg hunt, Halloween party complete with handmade preemie costumes, and a visit from Santa—all including siblings
- Host scrapbooking sessions, family dinners, and other activities that allow families to take a break away from the unit
- Raise public awareness regarding prematurity
For more information, please call the St. Elizabeth Foundation at (402) 219-7052, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. After hours or on weekends and holidays, please contact a nurse in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at (402) 219-7615.