The maternal fetal medicine specialists at St. Elizabeth are available for diagnostic testing and consultation for high-risk pregnancies. They consult with your referring OB/GYN to co-manage your care as well as other specialists including cardiologists, pulmonologists and endocrinologists. The coordination is provided during every stage of fetal development through birth and post delivery treatment.
High-risk pregnancies generally fall into one of three categories:
- Women who have an existing health condition before becoming pregnant. They usually know from the start that they may need special attention throughout their pregnancy
- Health conditions that develop during pregnancy, such as high blood pressure or diabetes
- Risk factors that are pregnancy specific, perhaps due to the mother carrying multiple babies, the mother’s age or premature labor
We are committed to providing a high level of care that includes:
- Neonatology and maternal fetal medicine specialists available 24 hours a day
- Maternal and newborn transport teams who are ready to move ill newborns and expectant mothers 24 hours a day by ground or air