Exercise Science & Physiology Internship
- To provide students in the study of Exercise Science or equivalent, the opportunity to perform in a supervised clinical setting, in the field of Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Rehabilitation. This offers the intern a comprehensive learning experience in Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
- To prepare the intern with work in a clinical exercise physiology setting.
- To assist the intern in a successful preparation for ACSM (or other) certification.
- Submit a resumé approximately one semester prior to the start of the internship.
- Two interns will be accepted per semester, if more than two interns apply they will be interviewed for a selection process.
- Basic Life Support certification required.
- Successful completion of Core Curriculum of coursework in the areas of:
a. Etiology of Cardiovascular & Pulmonary disorders.
b. Cardiac rhythm interpretation and Basic 12 lead ECG interpretation
c. Exercise Stress testing and prescription.
d. Basic Knowledge of Pharmacology.
f. Anatomy & Physiology
Master's and Bachelor's Level Internships
Currently we have agreements with the colleges and universities listed below. We would enjoy the opportunity to develop a working relationship with other academic facilities. Please contact us for more information.
- University of Nebraska -Lincoln and Kearney
- Wayne State College
- Minnesota State University
- Nebraska Wesleyan University
- Union College
- University of Louisville, Kentucky
- South Dakota State University
Contact us about Applications:
Telephone: (402) 219-8717
Fax: (402) 219-8716