In addition to short educational sessions we offer Advanced Burn Life Support (ABLS) classes through the American Burn Association. Advanced Burn Life Support is a certification course with the goal of advancing the knowledge of healthcare professionals in the early management of burn patients to improve patient outcomes.
- The Advanced Burn Life Support Provider Course is an eight-hour course for physicians, nurses, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, therapists and paramedics.
- The course provides guidelines in the assessment and management of the burn patient during the first 24 hours post injury.
- Following a series of lectures, case studies are presented for group discussions.
- You will be given the opportunity to work with a simulated burn patient to reinforce the assessment, stabilization, and the American Burn Association transfer criteria to a Burn Center.
- Final testing consists of a written exam and a practical assessment return demonstration.
CHI Health St. Elizabeth offers ABLS courses approximately twice per year. We also have developed the ability to bring the course to you by a combination of virtual lectures and on site case studies and testing.
To find an ABLS course offered at CHI Health St. Elizabeth, please visit our Continuing Education page.