Patients & Visitors
Thank a Caregiver
Above and Beyond
Our "Above & Beyond " program is a wonderful way to say thank you to special caregiver at St. Elizabeth
Above and Beyond Program Basics:
- We encourage our grateful patients to show their appreciation for the excellent care they received from all team members within a department or from a special individual.
- You may make a gift to the Foundation in honor of that caregiver or department team.
- You may even designate which specific area of the hospital you would like receive this gift in honor of the caregiver(s).
- The caregiver/department is also notified that a patient has made a gift in their name and they are honored with a pin and special recognition at a staff meeting. Gift amount is not disclosed to associate.
- You will also receive a thank you from the caregiver(s) for being so thoughtful.
- You will additionally receive a formal thank you from the Saint Elizabeth Foundation to formally acknowledge your gift and notify you that your caregiver has been honored.
- Should a caregiver receive 10 nominations they will receive a special recognition.
Benefits for St. Elizabeth departments and caregivers
- Demonstrates their role in our wonderful patient satisfaction levels
- Allows patients to formally acknowledge and thank their caregivers
- Allows patients to support our mission and help other patients in need
- Boosts employee morale by recognizing the work of our care givers and reminding them that their compassion and efforts are valued.
- Sets a nice example for other caregivers to model behavior by "Embracing the Spirit."
- Allows the Saint Elizabeth Foundation to formally thank our patients, further acknowledging patient satisfaction.
- Strengthens bonds with our patients and community members by ensuring ongoing communication and relationship-building
What is a caregivers role in supporting this program?
Should a patient ask a caregiver “what can I do?” please direct patients and family members to the Above & Beyond program. We have brochures in family lounge areas including the Hospitality Room as well as online under "For Patients and Visitors."
Stars of Caring
Thank you NICU Team
Joe and Jessica McMullen helped celebrate their daughter Delaney’s second birthday by honoring the St. Elizabeth NICU team. The McMullen family is grateful for the care Delaney received during her one-month stay in the NICU.
Jessica explains, “We were blessed to have all of you to help, guide and support us…. Your kindness, expertise and professionalism made this strange, stressful, and life-changing experience a good one. I have full confidence in the care you deliver and wanted to do something to thank you.”
NICU Nurse Jeannie Will (pictured), RN, BSN, was part of Delaney’s care team and accepted the recognition on behalf of the NICU. She was surprised but so grateful, “I think it was so special to be remembered and honored. It was a privilege to care for Delaney, and their family was such a joy.”
Thank you Cancer Institute Team
A generous donor gave a gift in honor of The Cancer Institute team, in memory of her late son. "Their care and concern were awesome. They were loving in all they did."
Jay Swanson RN, BSN, Oncology Nurse Navigator, was touched to have been honored. “I leave everyday with what I learn from my patients, and how that has helped me to be a better person. For just doing what I love to do, it is an honor to know that someone thought that highly of me and remembered me. I know that there are reasons I remember patients, and for them to keep me in mind is really overwhelming. Frankly, it makes me speechless, which if you knew me well is quite rare.”
Thank you Joint Center Team
In a gift in recognition of the Joint Center staff, a grateful patient wrote, "To the entire staff in the Joint Center, a heart felt thank you for the excellent care. They anticipated my needs when I didn't know what I needed. The staff was professional, caring, compassionate and cheerful, too. As I moved on to my next step of recovery, thanks to you I was ready. God bless each and every one of you.
555 S. 70th St
Lincoln, NE 68510