Supporting St. Elizabeth and Nebraska Heart.
Patients & Visitors
St. Elizabeth Foundation
To raise funds to promote caregiving at St. Elizabeth and Nebraska Heart, providing excellent, compassionate and spiritual care through programs within the health systems and the community they serve. Also visit the St. Elizabeth online gift shop.
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy involves breathing pure oxygen in a pressurized room or tube. It is a well-established treatment for decompression sickness, a hazard of scuba diving. Other conditions treated with hyperbaric oxygen include serious infections, bubbles of air in your blood vessels, and wounds that won't heal as a result of diabetes or radiation injury.
- In a hyperbaric oxygen therapy chamber, the air pressure is increased to three times higher than normal air pressure. Under these conditions, your lungs can gather more oxygen than would be possible breathing pure oxygen at normal air pressure.
- Your blood carries this oxygen throughout your body. This helps fight bacteria and stimulate the release of substances called growth factors and stem cells, which promote healing.
- St. Elizabeth will be implementing this specialized care. Please help us bring this new treatment to the Lincoln community.
- Nebraska Heart Healing Garden
- The Prayer Garden at Nebraska Heart will incorporate a seating area that provides a comfortable place for people to pray, meditate and rest. The green colors of the garden will have a strong affinity with nature and will create a feeling of comfort, soothe emotions and lessen stress. A pathway will also be incorporated as a symbol of leaving worldly care behind.
- Our hope is to provide a place where visitors can seek a quiet moment of peace and staff can go to relax and seek refuge. Please consider a gift on behalf of the Garden at Nebraska Heart.
Your estate plan is more powerful than you may realize. Not only can you secure your family's future with quality planning, but you can change our patients' lives as well. Learn more about how you can make a big impact with a future gift.
The CHI Health St. Elizabeth and Nebraska Heart Foundation continued to support their healthcare professionals with an awards ceremony. Twenty-one individuals were honored by receiving scholarships to help continue their education. Current employees and teen volunteers were able to apply for a wide array of scholarships dedicated to both nursing and general healthcare-related degrees. These scholarships are made possible through generous donations made throughout the year. Learn more about the scholarships that you can apply for below:
St. Elizabeth Auxiliary
The St. Elizabeth Auxiliary is a group of dedicated volunteers who offer their creativity and time to support St. Elizabeth Foundation's healing mission. During 2017, the St. Elizabeth Auxiliary raised over $35,000 for projects benefiting CHI Health St. Elizabeth, including the Angel Eye Camera, Hovermats, and funding scholarships.
Some of our Auxiliary volunteers are retirees or former patients of CHI Health St. Elizabeth, continuing their support of the hospital in providing a healing environment for our patients and their families. Other members join to support excellent healthcare in our community. Anyone interested in supporting the mission of St. Elizabeth is invited to join the Auxiliary. Learn more about joining this wonderful group of volunteers in the brochure and membership form. For more information, call the St. Elizabeth Foundation at (402) 219-7052.