Further your medical knowledge with up-to-date lectures and classes.
The CHI Health Education Department is dedicated to providing continuing education for health professionals on a variety of relevant topics.
Continuing Education for Emergency Medical Services
We offer free, continuing education classes to emergency responders. The classes are held in the lower level of Saint Elizabeth at 555 South 70th Street. Attendees will receive two hours of state-approved EMS credits.
ACLS, BLS or PALS Provider Courses
Perinatal Education (NRP, STABLE, ALSO, EFM)
Advanced Burn Life Support Provider Course
Friday, March 29, 2019, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., CHI Health St. Elizabeth Friendship Room
The Advanced Burn Life Support Provider Course is an eight-hour course for physicians,
nurses, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, therapists, and paramedics.
- The course provides guidelines in the assessment and management of the burn patient during the first 24 hours post injury.
- Following a series of lectures, case studies are presented for group discussions.
- You will be given the opportunity to work with a simulated burn patient to reinforce the
- assessment, stabilization, and the American Burn Association transfer criteria to a Burn Center.
- Final testing consists of a written exam and a practical assessment return demonstration.
- Please register early as availability is limited.
- CEUs provided by the American Burn Association: CME = 7.25 hours / CNE = 7.4 hours
Cost (includes tuition, manual, study guide, test and continuing education credits):
- Physicians - $200
- Mid-levels - $200
- Other health professionals - $150