CHI Health St. Elizabeth, founded by the Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration in 1889, is a full-service, 260-bed, nonprofit regional medical center. We are guided by our core values of reverence, integrity, compassion and excellence to programs and services that benefit our patients as well as the health of the greater community. St. Elizabeth is part of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI).
St. Elizabeth specializes in the treatment areas of newborn and pediatric care, women’s health, burn and wound, cardiology, oncology, emergency medicine, orthopaedics and neuroscience.
St. Elizabeth has held the prestigious designation as a Magnet hospital since 2004. View our complete list of national recognitions.
The Only Magnet Hospital in Lincoln
St. Elizabeth has been designated as a Magnet organization in 2004, 2009, 2014, and 2019 by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program®. This prestigious designation recognizes excellence in nursing services.
To be considered for the honor, hospitals must reapply every four years and complete a credentialing process that can take a year or longer, including an onsite visit from ANCC appraisers that interview patients, staff, physicians and community members.
Hospitals must exemplify nursing excellence, including quality initiatives, nursing research, high patient satisfaction, transformational nursing leadership and nursing professional development.
What does a Magnet Hospital provide for the residents of Lincoln and the surrounding communities?
- A hospital where patient care is determined by the highest standards in nursing
The Standards are established by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), a subsidiary of the American Nurses Association (ANA).
- A facility that has been through a rigorous review by nursing experts
Three or four appraisers interview hundreds of patients, staff, physicians and the public during a three – five day review.
- Clinical outcomes and the nurse satisfaction scores that validate the use of the ANCC standards of care
Patients experience high-quality, compassionate care, some refer to it as the “St. Elizabeth difference.”
- An environment that focuses on patient safety
Magnet Hospitals have fewer pressure ulcers, fewer patient falls and lower mortality rates.
- Surveys that consistently show high Patient Satisfaction scores
Consumers are confident and very satisfied with the care they receive.
- The practice of evidence-based care
The latest research determines the best methods for delivering care to patients.
- An entire Medical Center that believes in providing the highest quality of care
All departments deliver care that is beyond what is expected.
- An institution where continuing professional development is expected
Nurses are committed to increasing their knowledge to help the entire patient care team.
Did you know?
- Less than eight percent of all U.S. community hospitals have achieved Magnet status
- We are one of only five magnet hospitals in Nebraska
- St. Elizabeth is the only Magnet hospital in Lincoln