CHI Health Rehabilitation Care provides physical therapy at outpatient rehabilitation clinics throughout Omaha and the surrounding area.
When you're injured, even routine activities can be difficult. To help you recover fully, CHI Health Rehabilitation Care provides physical therapy at outpatient rehabilitation clinics throughout Omaha and the surrounding area. CHI Health Rehabiliation Care Therapists are medically trained, licensed professionals with expertise in all subspecialties of physical therapy, focusing on musculoskeletal dysfunction from injury, disease processes and/or post-surgical recovery. We also have on staff several physiatrists - doctors of physical medicine -- who specialize in diagnosing and treating patients with physical disabilities. Download the Outpatient Rehabilitation Brochure.
Physical Therapists (PT) focus on the whole body and use various forms of exercise and manual techniques, often in conjunction with physical modalities such as heat, ice, ultrasound and electrical stimulation. A majority of our staff have specializations in many areas to accommodate patients’ specific needs.
Occupational Therapists (OT) help people across their lifespan to do the things they want and need to do through the therapeutic use of daily activities (occupations). Occupational Therapy practitioners promote health and prevent - or live better with - injury, illness, or disability.
Speech - Language Therapy
Speech Language Pathologists (SLP) work to prevent, assess, diagnose and treat the following disorders in children and adults.
- Speech disorders occur when a person has difficulty producing speech sounds correctly or fluently.
- Language disorders occur when a person has trouble understanding others or sharing thoughts, ideas, and feelings.
- Social communication disorders occur when a person has trouble with the social use of verbal and nonverbal communication.
- Cognitive-communication disorders include problems organizing thoughts, paying attention, remembering, planning, and/or problem-solving.
- Swallowing disorders are feeding and swallowing difficulties, which may follow an illness, surgery, stroke, or injury.
Certified Hand Therapist (CHT)
Hand Therapists bridge the gap from medical management of upper extremity conditions to successful recovery, allowing individuals to function normally in their daily lives. They provide non-operative interventions, preventative care and post-surgical rehabilitation for a wide variety of upper extremity disorders.
Using warm water exercises actually decreases the amount of stress on your joints, which decreases pain and stiffness. And because the water offers resistance in every direction, opposing muscles work equally. That means you’ll effectively develop muscular strength, endurance and joint flexibility.
Our CHI Health Outpatient Rehabilitation Clinics provide specialized care for young and adult athletes including:
- Community Outreach and Educational Programs
- Running, jumping and throwing evaluations
- Transitional Rehabilitation Programs into independent activities
Balance and Vestibular Rehabilitation Therapy
This program offers comprehensive evaluations and individualized treatment plans for people suffering from impaired balance, vertigo and dizziness.