Nutrition Education Services
Our registered dietitians educate patients on the importance of a healthy lifestyle.
CHI Health Outpatient Nutrition Education Services' team of registered dietitians can help you to learn how nutrition plays a vital role in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Whether you are recovering from illness or trying to manage a chronic health condition, we offer easy-to-follow, practical food and nutrition information for individuals of all ages. Meet our outpatient dietitians.
How to set up your appointment with a dietitian
- Ask your physician to complete a referral form for our services; please choose the form for your area below.
- Fax the completed referral form to the number listed for your area below.
- Determine if your nutrition services covered by Medicare and Medicaid or other insurance.
- Diabetes self management and nutrition education is covered by Medicare and Medicaid, but other areas of nutrition education may not. Please contact your insurance provider to determine if nutrition education is covered.
- Another option is CHI Health's partnership with MD Save - you could save up to 60% on nutrition services! HSA dollars can be used for voucher purchase; provider referral is required for appointment. See all MD Save options.
For Omaha area patients, your physician also may complete an referral to through EPIC. The Lincoln area does not have outpatient nutrition services at this time.
Nutrition education and counseling to meet your needs
We provide individualized, evidenced-based information, considering your lifestyle and treatment plan in the management of diabetes, gestational diabetes, pre-diabetes and many other health conditions:
- Eating disorders
- Food allergies
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Gestational Diabetes
- General Health and Wellness
- Heart disease
- Hypoglycemia/low blood sugar
- Irritable Bowel
- Liver diseases
- High cholesterol/triglycerides
- Kidney diseases
- High blood pressure
- Weight Management
Integrative and Functional Nutrition (IFN) therapy is a leading-edge, evidence-based, systems biology approach to patient care that focuses on identifying root causes and imbalances to significantly improve patient health outcomes. This emerging medical nutrition model combines the very best of modern science, clinical wisdom and critical thinking. Our Integrative and Functional Nutrition Certified Practitioner (IFNCP™) will work with you to develop a therapeutic and individualized nutrition plan. Together, you will incorporate nutrition and lifestyle changes to help achieve improved health outcomes, in partnership with your medical team.
Save up to 60% on nutrition services with CHI Health through MD Save!
HSA dollars can be used for voucher purchase! Provider referral is required for appointment.