The CHI Health Neurological Institute offers many procedures to help with neurological disorders.
- Electroencephalogram (EEG). Used to evaluate several types of brain disorders, including epilepsy, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease.
- Video EEG monitoring. Establishes the type of seizures and determine the best course of treatment for epilepsy and seizures.
- Electromyography/nerve conduction. Testing to diagnose disorders of the peripheral nerves and muscles as well as evaluate patients with back and neck pain.
- Deep Brain Stimulation is a type of therapy that uses electrical impulses to treat Parkinson's Disease.
- Vagal nerve stimulation is used to treat epilepsy that does respond to medications. This treatment is approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
- Botox or botulinum toxin therapy to combat a number of neurological disorders, including migraine headaches and spasticity due to stroke, multiple sclerosis and other brain and spinal cord injuries
- SphenoCath is a non-invasive outpatient therapy to treat migraine headaches, cluster headaches due to trigeminal neuralgia, tension, sinusitis, and temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMJ).