Despite advances in medicine, heart disease remains the leading cause of death in the United States. The CHI Health Clinic Heart Institute Cardiovascular Health and Lipid Clinic is committed to working to prevent the development and progression of coronary and vascular disease using a holistic approach including risk assessment, lifestyle changes and medical treatment. A team of physicians, advanced practice clinicians and nurses works to provide personalized risk assessment and a customized plan to decrease your risk of developing cardiovascular disease.
Whether you have a family history of heart disease, have been diagnosed with a risk factor for heart disease or have experienced difficulty in tolerating cholesterol lowering medications, our team can partner with you to lessen your risk and improve your quality of life.
Patients who may benefit from a cardiovascular risk assessment include those with any of the following conditions
- Abnormal cholesterol levels.
- Prior intolerance to cholesterol lowering medication.
- Elevated blood pressure.
- Diabetes or metabolic syndrome.
- Tobacco Use.
- Family History of Heart attack, stroke or vascular disease.
- Any patient concerned about their risk of developing cardiovascular disease.
- A comprehensive evaluation by a cardiologist and nurse practitioner.
- Advanced lipid testing to assess biomarkers of cardiovascular disease.
- Diagnostic testing such as stress testing, coronary calcium scoring or vascular screening; if indicated.
- Referral to additional support services such as tobacco cessation counseling and exercise programs.\
Call with any questions or to schedule an appointment: (402) 328-3990.