CHI Health Good Samaritan is central Nebraska’s most experienced maternity center, offering advanced medical services, the latest technology and a family-focused environment. Our patients feel at home in our remodeled, private rooms where they can labor, deliver and continue their postpartum care. When you’re expecting, you want access to experienced, respected maternity care. Delivering more than 500 babies a year, Good Samaritan is the region’s go-to hospital when mothers and newborns are in critical health situations. We offer:
- Personalized care. With our experienced staff, you will receive specialized care you need and deserve in a warm, comfortable environment.
- Peace of mind. Our Maternity Center is located within a full-service hospital, so you have access to specialists for mom and baby if the need arises.
- Advanced care. We offer the region’s most advanced Neonatal Intensive Care Unit with private rooms specially designed to promote newborn growth and development.
- The Maternity Center at Good Samaritan has been designated a Safe Sleep Hospital Champion by the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services.
- Good Samaritan is here to help you and your baby get off on the right foot starting with childbirth and parenting classes.
Our Maternity Center offers:
- 19 private, spacious labor/delivery/recovery/postpartum suites
- State-of-the-art fetal monitoring equipment at your beside, including wireless monitoring capabilities
- Family-centered care
- Jacuzzi tubs offered for your labor (if you choose) and to enjoy after delivery
- High-level security system in place for your peace of mind
- Wi-fi internet access throughout the entire Maternity Center
- Newborn Channel to provide education 24-hours a day
- Nitrous Oxide for pain management during labor
- Special identification marking on all Maternity Center employee badges
- Surgical suite specially equipped for Cesarean birth on the unit
- Certified lactation consultants
- Integrated support services including education for childbirth, siblings and breastfeeding, along with support from care management and social services
- Room service dining with menu of your choice and complimentary celebration dinner for care partner
- In the event your baby is born prematurely or develops complications after birth, a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is located just steps away
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Our Level II neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) is there for babies who need a little extra help. Each of our nine private rooms offers the best growth and development possible in a womb-like, environmentally controlled setting. With the assistance of our transport team, newborns in critical health situations can be moved by either ambulance or helicopter to Good Samaritan. Each of our nine private rooms were built roomy – large enough to accommodate the unique respiratory, nutritional and other needs of premature, multiple births or other complications that may arise after birth. Having a premature infant or one with medical complications that require the special services of a NICU is an emotional time. That’s why the family-centered philosophy of care is so important; parents are free to visit any time. Our NICU environment includes:
- Private rooms for families
- Specially equipped rooms large enough for twins and triplets
- Equipment for respiratory maintenance of tiny patients
- Ability to perform minor surgical procedures
- State of the art cardiac/respiratory monitoring, including centralized monitoring
- Adjustable lighting
- Many windows to let in natural light
- Flat screen televisions
- Transition room, where parents can practice how to care for their babies before they leave the hospital
- AirCare helicopter ambulance and ground ambulance NICU transport service