Speak Up: Compliments & Complaints

At CHI Health Good Samaritan, we strive to provide a safe and caring environment making your stay the best experience possible. We want you to be completely satisfied with your visit and would like to know if we have surpassed your expectations or if there are areas in which we can improve.  

You may provide feedback that will get our timely and focused attention, in a variety of ways: (We treat all comments in a professional and private manner.)

  • talk directly with your immediate caregiver
  • ask to speak to a supervisor
  • call Administration by dialing 7100 from a hospital phone or by dialing “0” and asking to speak to the administrator on call (if you're dialing from outside the hospital, please call (308) 865-7100)
  • complete a “Speak Up” form found throughout the hospital
  • if phoned after your discharge, participate in our contracted national patient satisfaction phone survey

If you feel that any of your rights as a patient (refer to the “Patient Rights” page in the guest information guide) have been violated, you have the right to initiate a formal grievance by notifying Good Samaritan President Michael Schnieders in writing at:

CHI Health Good Samaritan 
Attn: Michael Schnieders, president
P.O. Box 1990
Kearney, Nebraska 68848-1990

You will be contacted upon receipt of your grievance to investigate the issue. Our grievance committee, comprised of Good Samaritan staff, will then contact you in writing within 35 days to detail the steps taken on your behalf. At that time you will be informed of the results of this process. That letter will also contain a contact for further correspondence.

Regardless of whether you choose to use the hospital’s grievance procedure, you also have the right to file a complaint with:

Office of Civil Rights US Department of HHS
601 E. 12th St. · Rm 248 · Kansas City, MO 64106
(816) 426-7278

The Joint Commission Office of Quality Monitoring
One Renaissance Blvd. · Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
(800) 994-6610 · (630) 792-5636 (fax)