We strive to transfer patients safely and efficiently to the right place with the right resources at the right time, every time.
24/7 Dedicated HMS Providers work with our Transfer Center to accept patients on behalf of any of our hospitals. They will be available rapidly to connect for clinical report and to determine the appropriate placement for the patient.
- CHI Health Creighton University Medical Center - Bergan Mercy
- CHI Health Immanuel
- CHI Health Lakeside
- CHI Health Mercy Council Bluffs
- CHI Health Midlands
- CHI Health St. Elizabeth
- CHI Health St. Francis
Our Transfer Center RNs can accept STEMI, Trauma and Stroke Transfers on behalf of our Cardiology, Trauma and Neurology service lines respectively to expedite transportation arrangements.
24/7 RN Staff quickly understand and triage the needs of the caller’s request. Our RNs will be an extension of your team to expedite the transfer process, including:
- Provider report and acceptance
- Communicate bed availability and bed assignment
- Arrange transport
- Facilitate RN report
- Notify care team at the receiving facility to ensure prompt care of patients upon arrival
While transport is arranged, the Transfer Center will connect your provider with our Interventional Specialists or Surgeons for report to determine level of care and care team activation.
Our RNs communicate bed availability real-time to expedite transportation arrangements. While transport is arranged, they will retrieve the exact bed and receiving nurse assignment.
Throughout the transfer process, we are guided by the four Core Values of CHI Health, and demonstrate these Values in the following ways:
- Reverence: Respectful interactions with all who call us.
- Integrity: Honest and timely communication and follow up.
- Compassion: Sincere concern for patients and understanding of urgency.
- Excellence: Consistently deliver a smooth transfer process that gets the patient to the right level of care with the right resources every time.