The big day is finally here – you are about to meet your new baby. Knowing what to bring to the hospital when you deliver can alleviate any last-minute confusion. Think about putting together an overnight bag with things that make you feel like you’re at home.
The hospital will provide a gown before and during delivery. You are welcome to stay in that or change into your own pajamas after your baby has arrived.
Hospital Bag Checklist
Especially for first-time parents, packing a hospital bag can be difficult. Our handy checklist will help you make sure you’ve got all the basics ready to go.
- Comfortable clothes such as a robe, slippers, socks and pajamas
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, hair care items, lotion, deodorant or other toiletries
- Breastfeeding supplies
- Paper and writing utensils
- Lamaze manual
- Phone numbers, insurance card, and photo ID
- Cell phone charger
- Personal pillow, if you prefer
- Snacks if you prefer
Items for Baby
- Car seat that has not expired or been in an accident
- Going home outfit for baby
- Blanket or car seat cover, depending on weather
- Diaper bag
This is an exciting time for you and your growing family. Bringing a few things from home can help make your stay comfortable and memorable.