Women's Heart Health
The CHI Health Heart Care providers address the unique manifestations of heart disease in women.
Women's Heart Attack Symptoms
More women die from heart attacks than from breast cancer. What's even more surprising is that more women die from heart disease than all cancers combined.
The CHI Health Heart Care providers address the unique manifestations of heart disease in women. Our center offers state-of-the-art diagnosis, care and prevention of heart disease that begins with a complete women's cardiac health evaluation based on your family history and lifestyle.
We evaluate and treat irregular heart beats and chest pain, as well as provide diagnostic cardiac testing. This testing, especially directed towards women, may include stress tests, cardiovascular ultrasounds and EKG.
Heart Attack Symptoms in Women
- Uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, fullness or pain in the center of your chest. It lasts more than a few minutes, or goes away and comes back.
- Pain or discomfort in one or both arms, the back, neck, jaw or stomach.
- Shortness of breath with or without chest discomfort.
- Other signs such as breaking out in a cold sweat, nausea or lightheadedness.
- As with men, women's most common heart attack symptom is chest pain or discomfort. But women are somewhat more likely than men to experience some of the other common symptoms, particularly shortness of breath, nausea/vomiting and back or jaw pain.
If you have any of these signs, don't wait to call for help. Call 9-1-1 right away.