Breast Health Center
The advanced technology at the Breast Health Center aids in earlier detection of breast cancer and we offer the most advanced imaging techniques for detection and diagnosis, including 3D mammography and breast MRI. For women with dense breast tissue, we offer enhanced screening with 3D automated breast ultrasound (ABUS).
Our sophisticated 3D image-guided prone biopsy gives 360-degree access to the breast, allowing the radiologist improved access to suspicious lesions. This gives you a faster, more accurate and comfortable experience.
Single-Session Approach Offers Accelerated Care Planning
With our single-session approach to care, you will meet with our multidisciplinary team at one time. We will discuss your diagnosis in detail, including all your treatment options. With your input, the team creates a personalized plan for your treatment. You will walk out of the meeting with a written roadmap for the journey ahead. The single-session approach is:
- Collaborative: No more scheduling hassles. Our team works together during a single visit, for a more streamlined and individualized approach.
- Accelerated: There’s no time to wait. You will go from diagnosis to individualized treatment plan in a few hours versus several days, and walk away with appointments for surgery, chemotherapy, radiation or other visits.
- Personalized: One size does not fit all, our team approach allows us to individualize your treatment options to the characteristics of your tumor.
- Comprehensive: There’s a lot to consider. Our Breast Health Center assists with all aspects of care from diagnosis and treatments to survivorship. Resources include nurse navigators, genetic counselors, support groups and more.
Our care team and extensive services include:
- Comprehensive medical evaluation – including medical oncology, surgical oncology and radiation oncology
- Skilled plastic surgeons that offer latest breast reconstruction techniques
- Infusion services
- Radiation therapy
- Genetic counseling and testing
- Evaluation and management of patients at high risk for breast cancer
- Cancer Nurse Navigators
- Clinical trials, including more than 20 breast cancer trials
- Oncology social worker
- Cancer support groups
Breast Health Center at Lakeside
Patient Waiting Area
Patient Waiting Area
A Triple-accredited Center of Excellence
CHI Health Breast Health Center at Lakeside is certified by three national accrediting bodies, the highest achievement available.
American College of Radiology Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
This designation is awarded to breast imaging centers that achieve excellence by seeking and earning accreditation in all of the ACR’s voluntary breast-imaging accreditation programs and modules, in addition to the mandatory Mammography Accreditation Program.
National Quality Measures for Breast Centers
The CHI Health Breast Health Center has achieved the National Quality Measures for Breast Centers (NQMBC™) Certified Quality Breast Center of Excellence accreditation. This is the highest certification level. This certification recognizes a center’s quality performance as meeting quality standards criteria. In addition to the requirements to become a Certified Participant, the Certified Quality Breast Center applicant must have supplied 90% of the measures for which their quality breast center type should be able to measure performance.
National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
The CHI Health Breast Health Center is accredited by the American College of Surgeon's National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers. Accreditation by the NAPBC is granted only to those centers that are voluntarily committed to providing the best possible care to patients with diseases of the breast. Each breast center must undergo a rigorous evaluation and review of its performance and compliance with NAPBC Standards.
CHI Breast Center of Excellence
In order to obtain this designation, a breast center must hold accreditation with the American College of Surgeon’s National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), be recognized as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence (BICOE) by the American College of Radiology, and be certified as a Quality Breast Center of Excellence through the National Quality Measures for Breast Centers (NQMBC). Less than 1% of breast centers across the country have achieved this significant accomplishment.
The CHI Health Breast Health Center has achieved the MammaCare certification, which is the recognized standard for performing a clinical breast examination (CBE). The MammaCare Clinical Breast Examination Teletraining Course is a one-to-one program conducted with a live instructor. Trainees learn to reliably detect breast lesions using MammaCare’s patented training technology. Training includes practice with surrogate patients. Graduates meet performance standards for sensitivity, specificity and thoroughness to earn certification as a MammaCare Clinical Breast Examiner.