At the St. Elizabeth Cancer Center, our mission is to support our patients physically, emotionally and spiritually in their journey to recovery. We are committed to making a difference in our patients’ lives through our programs, services and personal care. Everyday, we live our mission by providing clinical excellence in a healing environment and empowering patients. If you have any questions about our services, please call the Cancer Center at (402) 219-5000.
We have been accredited by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACS) since 1981, and our Radiation Therapy department was the first ACR accredited radiation therapy center in Lincoln, Nebraska.
CHI Health St. Elizabeth Cancer Care High Risk Clinic
Patients of the high risk clinic may have a family history of cancer or be a cancer survivor at high risk for recurrence or a secondary cancer. Conveniently located on the main level of the hospital next to the Infusion Center. Parking is available on the west side of the hospital in front of the Cancer and Radiation Therapy Center. Hereditary cancers such as breast, colon, uterine, ovarian, melanoma, pancreatic, and prostate often need surveillance. Our high risk clinic will help your patients:
- understand their risk for cancer
- determine if they are a candidate for genetic testing, which help them and their families understand their risk for inherited cancer
- schedule recommended cancer screenings
- make healthy lifestyle changes, such as diet, exercise, and smoking cessation,which can help minimize their risk for cancer
Call (402) 219-5080 to refer your patient to our High Risk Clinic.
Survivorship Care Plans
While most cancer survivors will lead healthy, active lives, some may develop problems related to their cancer and its treatment. As cancer patients transition into life after treatment, a Survivorship Care Plan serves as a communication tool between survivors and health care providers. The plan provides patients and primary care physicians with a comprehensive treatment summary and wellness plan that focuses on the long-term needs of the survivor. Our Survivorship Care Plans are created by our experienced cancer nurse navigators. The comprehensive plan includes:
- contact information on your team of doctors
- detailed treatment summary
- symptoms to watch for to detect cancer recurrence
- recommended cancer screening and other examinations, and the schedule on which they should be performed
- information on possible late and long-terms effects of treatment
- recommendations for healthy behaviors such as diet, exercise, and smoking cessation
- directory of support services
Our detailed Survivorship Care Plan keeps patients and their health care providers informed and aware of any long-term health concerns.