Corning Wellness Center
Corning Wellness Center
CHI Health Wellness Center in Corning, Iowa is a full-service facility designed especially for people committed to improving and maintaining their health. Anyone, ages 6th grade and up is welcome to join. We are focused on your total well-being. That’s why we offer a full range of fitness classes and equipment, in a spacious and friendly center. The Wellness Cafe, located with the center, is a great place to grab a healthy snack and meet with friends after a class or workout.
CHI Health Wellness Center also offers medical services, including physical and occupational therapy, diabetes education, nutritional counseling and cardiopulmonary rehabilitation. Our personal trainers, dietitians and health care providers all have degrees in their fields and certifications from national accrediting organizations.
We invite you to come in anytime and learn more about what we have to offer!
Programs and Services
- Need some inspiration to reach your goals?
- Want to achieve a healthier lifestyle?
- Are you new to, or intimidated by exercise?
- Interested in the latest training methods?
If you answered yes to any of these questions then a personal trainer may be just what you’re looking for. All of our trainers have a degree in exercise science or are certified through the American Council on Exercise (ACE).
Personal trainers at CHI Health Wellness Center have the latest information in the fitness industry gained from required educational courses to give the members a safe, effective, balanced and informative approach to exercise.
To get started with your own personal trainer, simply fill out our Personal Training Request Form at the Front Desk and a trainer will contact you right away. All personal training is conducted through appointments that you arrange with your trainer to fit your schedule.
Personal Training is available to members and non-members. Call us for rates and scheduling.
What are you waiting for? Turn your goals into accomplishments. Sign up for Personal Training Today! Call (641) 322-4471.
Nutritional Counseling & Diabetes Education
CHI Health is committed to improving the quality of life for individuals living with diabetes. The CHI Health Diabetes Education program provides comprehensive education on diabetes care, including nutrition and lifestyle changes.
- Individual Patient Education: Certified Diabetes Educators are available to instruct individuals and their families on the basics of self-management and nutrition.
- Nutrition Therapy- A Registered Dietitian can provide information and material based on the individuals' lifestyle and treatment plan:
- Menu & meal planning
- Carbohydrate counting
- How to read food labels
- How to plan your meals when dining out
- Effects of alcohol on nutrition and health
- Exercise and weight management
- Support Group: quarterly meetings/programs
Contact Megan King, Registered Dietitian, at CHI Health Mercy Corning (641) 322-3121.
CHI Health Mercy Corning offers:
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation
- Physical Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
For more information about rehabilitation services, call (641) 322-3121.