Nursing & Clinical
Summer Student Nurse Internship Program
2018 Summer Student Nurse Internship Program
To provide an opportunity for future RNs, entering their senior year of their nursing program, to experience day-to-day life of a RN. The internship will allow hands-on experiences and expand theoretical knowledge and clinical skills under the guidance of a nurse preceptor. The program will give the student an inside look of CHI Health and the extensive opportunities we have for employment.
- Dates: June 4, 2018 through July 28, 2018 for Omaha/Lincoln locations. May 7, 2018 through June 30, 2018 for Kearney/Grand Island locations.
- The eight (8) week program will include an orientation, followed by 7.5 weeks of clinical experience.
- Interns will receive college credit from a pass/fail course at a cost of only $280 to the student with the remaining amount paid by CHI Health.
- As an employee of CHI Health, interns will be paid a competitive salary.
- After the program completion, interns transition to a PRN Student Nurse Tech position within the organization.
Students who will be entering their senior year Fall 2018
- Only Non-CHI Health employees or current CHI Health junior level nurse technicians are eligible
- Current BLS card (copy must be provided)
- Prefer state registry as nurse aide (CNA)
- Two letters of recommendation from nursing school faculty
- Able to coordinate work schedule with assigned preceptor
Apply online at www.CHIhealth.com/jobs Wednesday, January 8, 2018 through Friday, February 2, 2018. If an interview is scheduled, bring the following documents to the interview:
- Official school transcript – sealed
- BLS (copy): Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include the following: American Red Cross: CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, American Safety and Health Institute: CPR, PRO, must say “Professional Level-with AED”, and American Heart Association: Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers
- Two faculty recommendations; secured in sealed envelopes