Students and Graduates
Summer Student Nurse Internship Program
To provide an opportunity to expose future RNs, entering their senior year of their nursing program, to experience day-to-day life of a RN. The internship will allow hands-on experiences and expand theoretical knowledge and clinical skills under the guidance of a nurse preceptor. The program will give the student an inside look of CHI Health and the extensive opportunities we have for employment.
- Dates: June 3, 2019 through July 27, 2019
- The eight (8) week program will includes General and Clinical orientation
- Interns will receive college credit from a pass/fail course at a cost of only $280 to the student with the remaining amount paid by CHI Health
- As an employee of CHI Health, interns will be paid.
- After the program completion, interns are able to transition to a prn Student Nurse Tech position within the organization.
- Students who will be entering their senior year Fall 2019 or have graduation dates between December 2019-Summer 2020
- Only Non-CHI Health employees are eligible. No current employees will be accepted.
- Current BLS card (copy must be provided)
- Prefer state registry as nurse aide (CNA). CNA is required for Student Nurse Tech role.
- Two letters of recommendation from nursing school faculty
- Able to coordinate work schedule with assigned preceptor with time off only during preceptor’s days off.
Apply online at www.CHIhealth.com/jobs Monday, January 7, 2019 through Friday, February 1, 2019. All applicants will have a phone interview but not all will be granted an in person interview. Interviews will be held after the application period has closed. If an in person interview is scheduled, bring the following documents to the interview:
- Official school transcript – sealed
- BLS (copy): Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include the following: American Red Cross: CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, American Safety and Health Institute: CPR, PRO, must say “Professional Level-with AED”, and American Heart Association: Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.
- Two faculty recommendations-secured in sealed envelope
For Questions, please contact the people below if you are on a phone or to the right if you are on a computer.
- Sheri Stephany
Nursing and Clinical Practice Support
Talent Acquisition Specialist
- Program Content
Sr. Clinical Practice Coordinator