Students and Graduates
Summer Student Nurse Internship Program
To provide an opportunity to expose future RNs, entering their senior year of their nursing program, to experience day-to-day life of a RN. The internship will allow hands-on experiences and expand theoretical knowledge and clinical skills under the guidance of a nurse preceptor. The program will give the student an inside look of CHI Health and the extensive opportunities we have for employment.
- Dates: June 8, 2020 through August 1, 2020
- The eight (8) week program will includes General and Clinical orientation and work hours of the assigned preceptor.
- Interns will receive one pass/fail college credit from College of Saint Mary. Students will pay $280 toward the cost of tuition and the remaining amount paid by CHI Health.
- As an employee of CHI Health, interns will be paid.
- After the program completion, interns are able to transition to a prn Student Nurse Tech position within the organization
- Students who will be entering their senior year fall 2020 or have graduation dates between December 2020- Summer 2021 with exposure to clinical rotations by the start of the internship.
- Only Non-CHI Health employees are eligible. No current employees will be accepted.
- Current BLS card (copy must be provided) • State registry as nurse aide (CNA) by the start of the program with experience working as a nurse’s aide.
- Two letters of recommendation from nursing school faculty
- At least 3.0 GPA
Applications will be accepted from November 4 to November 29. Search our application site for the word "Intern." All applicants will have a phone interview but not all will be granted an in person interview. Interviews will be held after the application period has closed.
If an in person interview is scheduled, bring the following documents to the interview:
- Current copy of school transcript
- BLS (copy): BLS (copy) from the American Heart Association: Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.
- Two faculty recommendations-secured in sealed envelope
Talent Acquisition Specialist