Expand Your Knowledge
Continuing education for health professionals on a variety of relevant topics.
Continuing Education for Health Professionals
Advanced Burn Life Support Provider Course
Tuesday, January 23, 2018
CHI Health St. Elizabeth
- The Advanced Burn Life Support Provider Course is an eight-hour course for physicians, nurses, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, therapists, and paramedics..
- The course provides guidelines in the assessment and management of the burn patient during the first 24 hours post injury.
- Following a series of lectures, case studies are presented for group discussions.
- You will be given the opportunity to work with a simulated burn patient to reinforce the assessment, stabilization, and the American Burn Association transfer criteria to a Burn Center.
- Final testing consists of a written exam and a practical assessment return demonstration. Please register early as availability is limited.
- CEUs provided by the American Burn Association: CME = 7.25 hours / CNE = 7.4 hours
Register online here or register by phone: (402) 219-7000
COST: Physicians - $200; Mid-levels & Residents - $200; Other health professionals - $125 (Fee includes tuition, manual, study guide, test and continuing education credits)
The Future of Orthopedic Care is Here!
Friday, April 20, 2018 (Register by April 17th)
Holiday Inn Kearney, Younes Conference Center,
110 S. 2nd Ave., Kearney, NE
Purpose and Objectives - The conference is designed to update health care professionals on cutting-edge advances in orthopedics through the dissemination of best practices, emerging innovation and quality improvement in care delivery. Information presented is intended to enhance clinical competency in the office management and differential diagnosis of the total joint replacement (TJR) candidate, and how to best medically optimize them for total joint replacement surgery.
- $70: Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants
- $45: Nurses, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapist Assistants, Athletic Trainers, Medical Assistants, Other Interested Health Care Professionals
- $30 Fellows, Residents, Full-Time Students (Verification of full-time student status may be requested either by phone or email from appropriate authority.)
For more information, please download the symposium brochure
2018 Primary Care Update
April 27-28, 2018 (Register by April 24th)
Omaha Marriott Regency Hotel
10220 Regency Cir.
Purpose and Objectives - This conference is designed to update attendees regarding the evidence supporting best current clinical practices in ambulatory care. The information presented is intended to enhance clinical competence in the diagnosis and treatment of selected primary care topics as identified by past participants.
- $150: Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Pharmacists
- $100: Nurses, Public Health Officials, Other Health Care Professionals
- $75 Fellows, Residents, and Full-Time Students (Verification of full-time student status may be requested either by phone or email from appropriate authority.)
For more information, please download the symposium brochure.
Infectious Diseases Spring Symposium 2018
Saturday, April 28, 2018 (Register by April 25th)
CHI Health Creighton University Medical Center Bergan Mercy
Conference Room 11661 A, B, and C
7710 Mercy Road
Purpose and Objectives
The conference will provide practitioners with the most recent advances and information that will enhance knowledge, skills, and performance in the treatment and diagnosis of selected infectious diseases.
- $30: Registration Fee
- $15: Employees of Creighton University, Omaha VA Medical Center CHI Health and Children’s Hospital and Medical Center
- $20 Remote Video Conference
For more information, please download the symposium flyer