Pharmacy Residency Program
Organized and directed pharmacy training in an academic and community hospital setting.
PGY1 pharmacy residency programs build on Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) education and outcomes to contribute to the development of clinical pharmacists responsible for medication-related care of patients with a wide range of conditions, eligible for board certification, and eligible for postgraduate year two (PGY2) pharmacy residency training.
Three Postgraduate Year One (PGY1) Pharmacy Practice Residency Programs are offered within CHI Health Nebraska; two programs are located in Omaha – CHI Health Creighton University Medical Center - Bergan Mercy and CHI Health Immanuel and one program is located in Lincoln – CHI Health St. Elizabeth’s. Creighton University School of Pharmacy and Health Professions is affiliated with the two pharmacy residency programs offered in Omaha. A separate application is needed to apply to each residency program.
Each program develops the knowledge and skills of the resident in various areas including: medication therapy management, communication, practice management, critical thinking, time management, clinical research, drug information and teaching. Each program also offers the resident the opportunity and stimulus to develop, to the highest degree obtainable, his/her professional expertise as a practitioner. Graduates of a CHI Health pharmacy residency program will be highly qualified to practice as pharmacist clinicians in patient care positions, adjunct faculty positions, or for PGY2 training in their area of choice.
CHI Health PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Programs
- CHI Health Creighton University Medical Center - Bergan Mercy
- CHI Health Immanuel
- CHI Health St. Elizabeth
Qualifications of Applicant
- The candidate must possess a Doctor of Pharmacy degree awarded from an ACPE-accredited College of Pharmacy.
- The candidate must be eligible for licensure as a pharmacist in Nebraska.
- Membership in the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists is required.
- To be considered for an onsite interview, the candidate must apply via the PhORCAS online application system by the listed deadline. The list of application materials may be found within the PhORCAS online application, and will include the standard PhORCAS application, a Curriculum Vitae, pharmacy college transcripts, and three letters of reference.
Stipend and Benefits
CHI Health Postgraduate Year One (PGY1) Pharmacy Practice Residency Programs offer a competitive stipend and additional benefits. Please consult with the Residency Director for more information and details.
We welcome your questions regarding the Postgraduate Year One (PGY1) Pharmacy Practice Residency Program at CHI Health.
CHI Health Creighton University Medical Center - Bergan Mercy
Jennifer Anthone, PharmD, BCPS
PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency Program Director
Antimicrobial Stewardship Pharmacist
7500 Mercy Road, Omaha, NE 68124
P: (402) 398-5659
CHI Health St. Elizabeth
Mitch Marsh, PharmD, BCPS
Residency Program Director PGY1
Clinical Pharmacy Coordinator
555 South 70th St.
Lincoln, Nebraska 68510
P: (402) 219-8775
F: (402) 770-7831
Please download the desired campus brochure for more information on opportunities available at select campuses, including required, longitudinal and election rotations offered at each site.