As the hub of our Academic Health System, the new Creighton University Medical Center - Bergan Mercy represents a revolutionary advancement in health care collaboration. As home to Creighton University School of Medicine, this new state-of-the-art facility is transforming how we deliver care, not only today, but far into the future.
All-New Advanced Level I Trauma Center
- CHI Health offers the highest level of comprehensive, 24/7 trauma care, capable of treating 2,000 trauma cases per year.
- Dedicated helipad and on-site operating rooms and diagnostics expedite patient evaluation and treatment.
- Omaha’s Level I Trauma Center is connected by telemedicine technology with other trauma centers in Kearney, Grand Island and Lincoln, providing urban and rural communities with 24/7 access to trauma specialists.
- CHI Health is the only health system to serve Nebraska and southwest Iowa with a Level I Trauma Center, an ACS-verified Burn and Wound Center, and a CARF-accredited Rehabilitation Institute.
Region's Largest, Most Modern Intensive Care Unit
- The new 52-bed ICU has three state-of-the-art care units: an 18-bed medical ICU, a 16-bed surgical ICU and an 18-bed trauma ICU.
- Each care unit has a 20-seat conference room with videoconferencing equipment to accommodate multidisciplinary care team meetings.
- Patient rooms are almost twice the size of previous rooms, with private bathrooms, showers and room for visiting families.
- Hydraulic lifts in every other room help prevent injuries when lifting and moving patients.
New ED plus Clinical Decision and Treatment Unit
- 14 rooms for patients with true emergency conditions and six “vertical flow” rooms for minor problems.
- 11 Clinical Decision and Treatment Unit rooms for patients with complex issues that need to be monitored for some amount of time.
- Four rooms designed with safety features for behavioral care patients who may be a danger to themselves or others.
- Two large treatment rooms for cases where specialized medical equipment and additional clinical staff may be needed.
- A dedicated treatment room for sexual assault victims, designed with patient privacy and comfort in mind and equipped for comprehensive forensic examination.
Expanded Modern Clinical Spaces
- New three-story clinic serves as a hub for academic outpatient care and includes 20 specialty clinics spread across pods of 16 exam rooms each.
- Specialties include cardiovascular, diabetes, emergency, esophageal medicine, gastrointestinal medicine, pathology, neurology, oncology, surgical oncology, orthopedics, trauma, primary care, trauma/critical care, urology, and women’s health.
- Newly-renovated multi-story academic tower provides space for Creighton University School of Medicine students and Graduate Medical Education programs, and is the primary clinical teaching site for health science learners.
- More than 500 residents, medical students and fellows, and more than 1,000 nursing, occupational therapy, pharmacy, physical therapy and social work students will learn in this new space.
- The new University Campus clinic on 24th & Cuming is an extension of the Academic Medical Center and is a facility focused on collaborative, team-based care, where physicians, residents and providers serve the outpatient, diagnostic and emergency medical needs of downtown and northeast Omaha.
- Academic faculty, staff and learners are connected by both wired and wireless access to each other.
- Educational broadcasting to rural communities and across the CHI Health system is provided through the Nebraska Statewide Telehealth Network.
- Multiple video conferencing/multimedia-enabled meeting rooms for collaboration, including a 180-seat auditorium that can be used in a single- or multi-room configuration.