Women Don't Experience Heart Attacks Like Men?
You’ve seen it on TV – the crushing chest pain and shortness of breath. It’s easy to diagnose – the guy is having a heart attack. But women don’t always get the classic signs and may miss the symptoms that could signal it’s time to call 911.
Heart Attack Symptoms for Women
- Uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, fullness or pain in the center of your chest. It lasts more than a few minutes, or goes away and comes back.
- Pain or discomfort in one or both arms, the back, neck, jaw or stomach.
- Shortness of breath with or without chest discomfort.
- Nausea or lightheadedness, or breaking out in a cold sweat.
- Fatigue - feeling extremely tired.
Women often misdiagnose these signs of a heart attack – thinking it’s the flu. If you’re experiencing some of these symptoms, call 911.