Shirts or Skins?
Skin-to-skin contact immediately after birth (The Sacred Hour) and a few minutes each day makes the transition from fetal to newborn life easier. That’s a win for both mom and baby!
- Cries less and is calmer
- Breastfeeds better
- Stays warmer
- Has better blood sugar levels
- Feels less pain during injections and heel sticks
- Increases immunity through exposure to healthy bacteria
- Learns to identify when baby is hungry
- Experiences an increase in oxytocin – a calming hormone
- Dads, get in the game! Unswaddle your bundle of joy and snuggle them upright on your bare chest.