Whitney Vessar, CHI Health certified athletic trainer, offers these clothing tips for student athletes:
- Wear clothes that you’re able to move in and are flexible with you – not restrictive.
- Wear proper shoes that fit you well and are close-toed.
- Wear athletic socks that prevent slipping inside the shoe.
- Compression shorts can prevent chafing. Many tight-fitting performance fabrics do a good job of wicking away excess perspiration.
- When it’s hot outside, wear light-colored clothing that absorbs less sun and helps you stay cooler.
- When it’s cold, layers are a great idea because you can always take something off if you get too hot.