Sneaky Ways to Rev Up a Slow Metabolism
Despite the hype, no food or drink can magically increase your metabolic rate. The only proven method is building more lean muscle (muscle tissue, even at rest, burns more calories than fat).
If pumping iron isn’t your thing, sneak some NEAT (non-exercise activity thermogenesis) into your day. Little movements can help torch an extra 300 to 2,000 calories per day.
NEAT ways to sneak more activity into your day:
- Pace, fidget, stretch – just move
- Add in steps
- Take the stairs
- Dance while you clean
- Bicep curl your groceries
- Shift weight from foot to foot while brushing teeth
- Pace while talking on phone
- Turn waiting in line into exercise
- Sing while driving
- Sit rather than laying down, stand rather than sitting