Serving Size: 3 oz. cooked chicken
Nutrients Per Serving
Total fat: 6 g (saturated fat 1.4 g)
Cholesterol: 65 mg
Sodium: 410 mg
Potassium 255 mg
Total carbohydrate: 15 g (fiber 1 g, sugars 1 g)
Protein: 26 g
Phosphorus: 220 mg
Choices: Carbohydrate 1, lean protein 3
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken cutlets or chicken breasts (3 oz. each)
- 5 tablespoon honey-Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon trans fat-free margarine or butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Cover the chicken breasts with plastic wrap and pound them with a mallet to uniform thickness (about a half inch). This is important so they cook quickly and evenly.
- In a shallow bowl or on a plate, combine the honey-Dijon mustard, water, salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, flour and paprika. Coat both sides of the chicken with the mustard mixture, then the breadcrumb mixture, and place on the baking sheet.
- Melt the butter or margarine and drizzle it over the chicken. Bake the chicken for 10-15 minutes, without flipping, until it is lightly browned and the thickest part is no longer pink inside.