Gotta Go? Gotta Go?…when you have to pee all the time
- 6-8 times a day (men and women) is normal.
- 10+ times may be a sign something is going on.*
- *Drinking excess fluids or taking diuretics for high blood pressure? You may go 10 times a day or more.
Why might I be going too much?
- Enlarged prostate or prostatitis
- Urinary tract or kidney infection
- Interstitial cystitis
- Overactive bladder syndrome
- Bladder dysfunction or bladder cancer
- Weight gain
- Diabetic ketoacidosis
- Stroke or neurological disease
If it’s not a medical Issue, how can I go less often?
- Lifestyle: Lose weight; drink less coffee, tea and alcoholic beverages.
- Physical: therapy Kegel exercises and bladder training can address incontinence.
- Medication: Medications can reduce frequency and urgency.
- Surgery: Vaginal sling procedures can help control stress urinary incontinence.