What's wide-awake hand surgery?
Wide-awake hand surgery – an experience similar to visiting the dentist – gives patients the option to be awake during minor surgery (such as for carpal tunnel or trigger finger). This recent advance in hand surgery reduces the need for medications, decreases cost of surgery, and lets the patient recover faster with less pain.
- No sedation - just local anesthesia
- Surgery area concealed behind draping
- Can talk to your doctor during surgery
- Spend less time and money
- Get up and go home right after procedure