What These Heart Attack Survivors Want You to know
March 21, 2018
Looking at Reina Walls and Lisa Bockman, you wouldn’t suspect that both of them are heart attack survivors.
Reina collapsed at work, Lisa at home. Neither had a pulse. Both had to be shocked back to life.
They were taken to CHI Health hospitals and want you to know some important things they learned.
- Know your numbers – blood pressure, cholesterol, etc. If you have high blood pressure, you need to seek out advice from a doctor. Knowing the numbers is half the battle.
- Listen to your body.
- Eat healthy. Drink lots of water. Exercise. You don’t need to go to the gym. Going to the gym is great but just walk. Take the steps instead of the elevator.
- Have an accountability partner. If you have someone who wants to go walking or to the gym, then you are more likely to go.
- Keep personal records that your family can access if necessary. Your family needs to know where your medical records, Will, bank account information, and insurance are.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff.
- Be grateful instead. Life is precious. Everybody has a purpose.
For more information on CHI Health’s top cardiology program, visit: CHIhealth.com/heart-care
To hear more from Lisa and Reina, check out: “Sisters of the Heart Believe in Miracles” CHIhealth.com/reina-lisa