Good Samaritan's Healthy Community Award Nominations Accepted Until May 1
April 26, 2018
CHI Health Good Samaritan is accepting nominations for its ninth annual Healthy Community Awards. In June, Good Samaritan will celebrate the good health of Kearney and Buffalo County and those individuals, organizations and businesses who, through their leadership, education and assistance, help make the community a healthier place to live. Area residents are encouraged to nominate anyone they feel makes a significant effort in keeping our community healthy.
Healthy Community Award nominations are accepted until May 1. Forms are available at www.chihealth.com/HCAwards and should be returned to Anissa Paitz at Good Samaritan.
The awards include a total of six categories - advocacy, education, prevention, partnership, leadership and recreation - and coincide with the Community Olympics sponsored annually by CHI Health Good Samaritan and Kearney Park and Recreation. A local advisory committee selects award recipients based on their contributions in a particular category. Community nominations are sought for the following categories:
- Advocacy is awarded to the group or individual who has creatively implemented health improvement or awareness programming on behalf of a specific population.
- Education is awarded to the group or individual who has provided health education opportunities and is an advocate of health within the community.
- Leadership is awarded to the group or individual who has shown outstanding leadership in the community by preventing, promoting or protecting health issues.
- Prevention is awarded to the group or individual who has provided a service or program that makes a significant contribution to preventing injury, illness or disease.
2017 winners were:
- Advocacy - Central Nebraska LOSS Team
- Education - Kay Glidden
- Leadership - Paul and Kim Rahe
- Prevention - Pleasanton School
- Recreation (presented by Kearney Park & Recreation) - Dr. Marta Moorman
- Partnership (presented by Good Samaritan) - City of Kearney
Award winners will be announced in the Kearney Hub and honored at a luncheon ceremony hosted by Good Samaritan on June 15 prior to Community Olympics.