Anderson Receives Ticket to Win Grand Prize of $20,000 Cash
May 19, 2017
Kaycee Anderson of Grand Island was the big winner in the CHI Health St. Francis Foundation’s Ticket to Win kickoff fundraiser.
Anderson, a registered nurse at St. Francis, won the $20,000 cash grand prize, highlighting the Grand Island Chamber of Commerce after-hours function Thursday night. A total of 615 tickets were sold for the event to raise money for area first-responders and the Project Care program, which supports patients at the St. Francis Cancer Treatment Center.
The Ticket to Win kickoff event also honored of Sam Foltz. The Greeley native, who died in an automobile accident last July in Wisconsin, was a standout athlete at Grand Island Senior High before becoming one of the nation’s top punters for the University of Nebraska football team. Several members of the Foltz family participated in a balloon release outside St. Francis and 10/11 sports director Kevin Sjuts shared his memories of covering Foltz during his football career.
A framed Sam Foltz Nebraska football jersey and a Cornhusker football poster signed by NU head coach Mike Riley were auctioned by Tom Wieck Realty. There were also several must-be-present-to-win prize drawings in addition to nine other winners of prizes valued at $500 apiece, including:
- Sue Hieb ($500 Conestoga Mall Gift Card donated by Conestoga Mall)
- Roger Cline ($500 Visa Gift Card donated by Lacy Construction)
- Will Armstrong ($500 Visa Card donated by Tom and Sue Pirnie)
- Greg Sanchez ($500 Visa Card donated by Agricultural Services, Inc.)
- Jeff Allen ($500 Visa Card donated by Arby’s of Grand Island)
- Sandra Krolikowski ($500 Visa Card donated by Lacy Construction)
- Richard and Gloria Dalton ($500 Visa Card donated by $500 Paul Davis Restoration)
- Norm Harrison ($500 Visa Card donated by Kim and Russ Rerucha)
- Blake Corman ($500 Visa card donated by General Collection Co. Inc.)