CHI Health Good Samaritan Foundation recently awarded $9,000 in scholarships to nine area students whose field of study includes a health career.
- Megan Thorman, Ravenna Harms' Family Endowed Scholarship
- Caleb Capellen, Kearney Ron & Carol Cope Endowed Scholarship
- Haley Whitney, Alma Dr. H. R. & Mrs. Suz Walker Endowed Scholarship
- Alisa Churchill, Kearney Don & Delores Williams Endowed Scholarship
- Monica Meier, Elm Creek Jim & Marcia Elder Family Endowed Radiology Scholarship
- Claire Rasmussen, Kearney Shirley Chavanu Endowed Nursing Scholarship
- Stephanie Eddy, Kearney Leroy E. Rheault Endowed Scholarship
- Natalie Kennicutt, Gothenburg Bernard Haag Endowed Scholarship
- Renae Jacobson, Elm Creek Nursing Shared Governance Scholarship
Since 1989, Good Samaritan Hospital Foundation has awarded 390 healthcare career scholarships amounting to $260,641. These scholarships have helped area students become physicians, paramedics, radiology technicians, registered nurses, pharmacists, physical therapists and other healthcare professionals. Upon graduation, many of these professionals have remained in Kearney starting their careers at Good Samaritan.
Recipients must be currently enrolled or accepted in an accredited program of a recognized health career and must be permanent residents or students attending schools in the Good Samaritan primary or secondary service county area.
Generous donors make the scholarship program possible.
Scholarship applications are due May 1 of each year. For more information, please call (308) 865-2700 or visit the Good Samaritan scholarships page.