CHI Health / Salvation Army Layers of Love
Winter Outerwear Drive
December 2 – 6, 2019
The temps are dropping – this winter weather is especially tough for a homeless person on the street.
CHI Health is teaming up with the Salvation Army for the Layers of Love effort. The Salvation Army’s Winter Night Watch program – which takes warm clothing and hot meals directly to those in need on the streets of Omaha – is in need of new winter outerwear items.
Items Most Needed Include:
- Coats (especially XL, 2XL, 3XL) and sweaters
- Winter hats and scarves
CHI Health Clinic Collection Sites:
- CHI Health Clinic Valley View, 1288 Valley View Dr. Council Bluffs, IA 51503
- CHI Health Clinic West Broadway, 3135 Broadway, Council Bluffs, IA
- CHI Health Clinic La Vista, 8248 S 96th St., LaVista, NE 68128
- CHI Health Clinic Bellevue, 3308 Samson Way, Bellevue, NE 68123
- CHI Health Clinic 42nd and L , 4220 L St. Ste. 100, Omaha, NE 68107
- CHI Health West Maple, 16101 Evans St., Omaha, NE 68116
- CHI Health CUMC University Campus, 2412 Cuming St. Omaha, NE 68131
- CHI Health Immanuel, 6901 N 72nd St, Omaha, NE 68122
- CHI Health Midlands, 11111 S 84th St, Papillion, NE 68046
- CHI Health Lakeside, 16901 Lakeside Hills Ct, Omaha, NE 68130
Layers of Love Winter Outerwear Drive
CHI Health and Salvation Army are partnering to collect hats, gloves, socks (all sizes) and winter layering wear. These items will be used to benefit the homeless and near homeless in the Omaha Metro Area through the Salvation Army Night Watch Program which kicks off at the end of November and runs until the beginning of March. Volunteers go out each night in North, South and Central Omaha to provide hot meals and warm winter wear to those in need. CHI Health Family Clinics located throughout the Omaha Metro and Council Bluffs, IA will serve as collection points for donations.
Clinics hours may vary from Monday to Sunday.
About The Salvation Army
The Salvation Army meets the needs of the most vulnerable people in the metro area through an array of year-round programs focused on food, housing, youth development, material assistance, behavioral health, older adult services and anti-human trafficking.