Building Kids Up: The Parents' Role
August 28, 2018
The dos and don'ts of how to talk to your kids and build them up without tearing them down.
More from this issue:
- Pressure Doesn’t Make Perfect: Beware Sky-High Expectations
- Rude, Mean or Worse? Always Take the Kind Road
- Helicopter No More: Be Present without Hovering
- When Those Facebook Friends Aren’t Your Friends After All
- Teen Suicide: An Alarming Trend
- Cutting: An Explainer
- Empower Your Kids to Handle Peer Pressure
- Simple Ways to Break the Silence – Conversation Starters
- Mood Swings, Aggression, Depression – It’s Not a Phase
- Mental Illness: 10 Warning Signs
- Set Limits for Strong Kids
- Under Your Influence: Parents Play Vital Role in Kids’ Alcohol, Drug Use
- Vaping and Juuling: A Trend on Fire
- Building Kids Up: The Parents' Role
- Why Doesn’t Anyone Like Me?
- Trophy-Free Self-Esteem: Get It with Grit
- Break Free: Releasing Anxiety's Grip
May 20, 2019 - It’s a 4-peat! CHI Health St. Elizabeth has received Magnet® designation status from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
May 15, 2019 - Run Baby Run event rallies support for NICU babies and families at CHI Health St. Elizabeth.
May 13, 2019 - CHI Health St. Francis named Carolyn Davis and Gerri Williams as the 2018 Volunteers of the Year.
May 07, 2019 - Biking causes many injuries and emergency room visits for children. CHI Health St. Francis is teaching bike safety skills.
April 30, 2019 - This patient credits a cell phone - and the CHI Health trauma team - with saving his life.