Building Kids Up: The Parents' Role
August 28, 2018
The dos and don'ts of how to talk to your kids and build them up without tearing them down.
More from this issue:
- Pressure Doesn’t Make Perfect: Beware Sky-High Expectations
- Rude, Mean or Worse? Always Take the Kind Road
- Helicopter No More: Be Present without Hovering
- When Those Facebook Friends Aren’t Your Friends After All
- Teen Suicide: An Alarming Trend
- Cutting: An Explainer
- Empower Your Kids to Handle Peer Pressure
- Simple Ways to Break the Silence – Conversation Starters
- Mood Swings, Aggression, Depression – It’s Not a Phase
- Mental Illness: 10 Warning Signs
- Set Limits for Strong Kids
- Under Your Influence: Parents Play Vital Role in Kids’ Alcohol, Drug Use
- Vaping and Juuling: A Trend on Fire
- Building Kids Up: The Parents' Role
- Why Doesn’t Anyone Like Me?
- Trophy-Free Self-Esteem: Get It with Grit
- Break Free: Releasing Anxiety's Grip
June 24, 2019 - Seven CHI Health hospitals have received the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines® Target: Stroke Quality Achievement Award.
June 21, 2019 - Awards were presented in the Kearney community for advocacy, prevention, recreation, education, partnership and leadership.
June 06, 2019 - CHI Health Good Samaritan Foundation recently awarded $27,000 in scholarships to 22 area students whose field of study includes a health career.
June 03, 2019 - Proceeds from Ticket to Win, the main annual fundraiser for the Foundation, will help provide training and equipment to rural first responders , and will also support area individuals in the cancer recovery process through the hospital’s Renewed Hope project.
May 20, 2019 - It’s a 4-peat! CHI Health St. Elizabeth has received Magnet® designation status from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).