Patient-Centered Medical Home
When it comes to health care, you’re often seeking wellness, recovering from illness or managing a chronic condition. A Patient Centered Medical Home is your source for health care and support to help you achieve your health care goals. Your Medical Home will help you develop goals to maximize your health.
In this personal model of health care, your primary provider at CHI Health leads a team of health professionals that helps you get the care you need–in wellness and illness–to heal your body, mind and spirit. They will get to know you, your family situation, medical history and health issues. In turn, you can trust in and rely on them. They will be your source for expert health care answers.
The Medical Home Advantage
- Your Medical Home team will get to know you, your family, your life situation and preferences. They will remember these details about you every time you seek care, and suggest treatments that make sense for you.
- To be proactive in your care, you and your provider will build a care plan around your health goals.
- When you and your provider decide that you need health care services outside the clinic, your Medical Home team will make sure your care is coordinated—including the use of resources in your community. They will make sure you know and understand all of your options for care, so that you can make an informed decision. Sometimes more care is not better care.
- You can expect accurate, effective and timely communication from your health care team about the services you want or need.
- Care will be easy to access. You can contact your physician or other team member in the way that’s easiest for you (office visit, phone call or email).
- Your Medical Home team will give you time to ask questions, and will answer them in a way you understand. They will also ask for feedback about your experience getting care.
- Through the electronic medical record, your health care providers can communicate with other members of your care team regarding changes to your health status, tests and treatments you’ve had, and share your future plan of care to make transitions seamless. Through this “integrated network,” the quality of your care is improved—enabling earlier interventions, coordination of care between all caregivers on the team, and reducing unnecessary testing and medical errors. Ultimately, your choice of health care specialists and services outside of CHI Health Clinic is up to you, but your provider can control and monitor your care more efficiently if services are provided by someone within our network.
Who is the Medical Home Team?
Your team may include a doctor, physician assistant, nurse practitioner, nurse and medical assistant, as well as other health professionals such as a pharmacist, nutritionist or social worker. Your team also includes a health coach who will work with your health care team to ensure you receive timely preventive care, connect you to services/assistance, and navigate the complications you may encounter when having care or testing outside the office. Your entire Medical Home team is focused on providing the care and services that are right for you, wherever that care is needed—at home, a hospital, or a rehabilitation/skilled nursing facility.