The following standards of conduct describe and demonstrate CommonSpirit Health’s commitment to honest and ethical conduct and provide guidance to employees facing certain situations.
All board and committee members, officers, employees, volunteers, medical staff and others working with CommonSpirit and its organizations must act in accordance with the following standards of conduct:
- Demonstrate fairness, honesty and integrity in all interactions in support of our mission.
- Uphold a high standard of skill and knowledge to deliver exceptional quality care, service and outcomes.
- Abide by the laws, regulations and policies that govern what we do.
- Maintain the integrity and protect the confidentiality of our patient, resident, client employee and organizational information.
- Use our resources wisely to protect our assets, reduce our environmental impact and increase our public health footprint.
- Create an environment that promotes community, respects dignity and supports safety and well-being.
- Properly disclose and manage situations that pose potential or actual conflicts of interest.
- Foster a diverse and inclusive work environment in reverence to our employees, partners and those we serve.
As an organization and as individuals, we are responsible for promptly reporting potential violations of law, regulation, policy or procedure. You are protected from retaliation if you make a good-faith report, complaint or inquiry. The CommonSpirit reporting process is described below.
- Speak with your supervisor or another manager.
- If the supervisor/manager is not available, or you are not comfortable speaking with him/her, or you believe the matter has not been adequately resolved, contact the Human Resources representative or your local Corporate Responsibility or Privacy Officer.
- If you want to anonymously report a concern to a neutral third party, you have two options:
For more information, see the CommonSpirit Health Standards of Conduct, Our Values in Action Policy and Reference Guide.