Our hospitals are closely monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and are in close contact with local health authorities. For more information for the public and health care providers on coronavirus, please visit the CDC website.
CHI Health events and activities have been cancelled through April 30th.
Remember to take everyday preventive actions that are always recommended to prevent the spread of respiratory viruses.
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- While sick, limit contact with others as much as possible.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands; germs spread this way.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol based hand rub with at least 60% alcohol.
If You Feel Sick
If you feel sick with fever/chills, cough, sore throat, difficulty breathing, other flu-like symptoms or were in close contact with someone with COVID-19 in the 14 days before you began to feel sick, seek medical care. Before you go to a doctor’s office or emergency room, call ahead and tell them about your possible exposure, recent travel and your symptoms.
CHI Health Virtual Care is a free service available 24/7. Talk to a doctor about your symptoms and possible exposure or risk factors. CHI Health Virtual Care can guide people at risk for Coronavirus to the right level of care.