At CHI Health we offer a full range of services related to breast health
CHI Health offers a full range of services related to breast health and breast cancer, including prevention, detection, treatment and survivorship with services and programs designed for all stages of life.
- Breast Health Center
- Cancer Classes and Support Groups
- Cancer Genetic Education and Testing
- Image Recovery Center
- Clinical Trials
- Nurse Navigators
Advances in technology are helping to detect breast cancer in its earliest—and most curable—stage. At CHI Health our digital mammography screenings provide the highest level of accuracy for even the smallest tumors. With low-dose radiation technology, image capture is instant, crystal-clear and can be zoomed in for further review. Such speed and precision means we’ll have your mammogram screening results within 24 hours. More importantly, if anything suspicious is found, we'll make sure you receive all follow-up testing—including a biopsy, if necessary—within a matter of days, not weeks.
Take charge of your breast health—request your digital mammography screening online or call us today at (402) 717-2222.
Why a Digital Mammogram Screening is Performed
A mammography screening is performed to:
- Screen healthy women for signs of breast cancer
- Further evaluate an abnormal finding on a physical exam
- Monitor and follow a woman who has had an abnormal mammogram
- Evaluate a woman who has symptoms of a breast disease, such as a lump, nipple discharge, breast pain, dimpling of the skin on the breast or retraction of the nipple
The American Cancer Society recommends that women begin breast cancer screening at age 40 and have repeat mammograms every year. Women with a mother or sister who had breast cancer should consider yearly mammograms 10 years earlier than the age at which their youngest family member was diagnosed.